Lemon Poundcake Donuts
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups erythritol
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese and erythritol.
- Cream together the butter and erythritol and until smooth. Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract in with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 60 – 120 minutes at 350F or until smooth in the middle with a toothpick.
- If creating a glaze, blend together the powdered erythritol, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream until smooth. Wait until the pound cake is fully cooled from the oven before spreading the glaze on top.