- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce OR 2 teaspoons Trader Joe’s Multipurpose Umami Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon low carb OR whole30 compliant sweetener , optional
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or minced fresh ginger
OPTIONAL TO THICKEN SAUCE:
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
FOR THE STIR-FRY:
- 12 ounce chicken thighs or chicken breast , cut into 1″ thick chunks
- 5 medium zucchini
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil OR olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mixed vegetables of your choice , bok choy, broccoli, bell peppers, thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish , optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce, until combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of sauce. Allow to marinate while preparing the zucchini noodles.
- Cut zucchini into noodles with spiralizer or vegetable peeler. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer from pan onto a plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same skillet. Add the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes until soft and tender.
- Add chicken back to the pan and stir in the sauce. Turn heat to high and add xanthan gum (if usinto thicken and bubble.) Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add the zucchini noodles and gently toss to coat using tongs. Cook until zucchini noodles are just tender (about 1-2 minutes – do NOT overcook), and remove from stove.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.