- 5 oz baby spinach
- 3 mandarin oranges (10 oz), peeled and segmented
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils*
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise (tested with Hellman’s light)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp milk, if needed
- For the dressing
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar and salt until sugar and salt have dissolved. Add mayonnaise, honey and poppy seeds and whisk until combined. Mix in milk to thin if desired. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the salad:
- In a salad bowl layer spinach, mandarine oranges, pomegranate arils, avocado, almonds and walnuts. Pour desired amount of dressing over top (or alternately just dress each serving). Serve immediately.
- *If you want to make this in the summer it’s also good with a small pkg. of fresh raspberries in place of the pomegranate arils.