- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch thick discs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the butter and salt, place in a single layer on a metal baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 425F/220C oven until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 15-20 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, bring the maple syrup to a simmer in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the pecans, bring back to a simmer and remove from heat.