MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL STUFFED AVOCADOS
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1-2 jalapeno, deseeded and diced*
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons shrimp cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Louisiana or Cholula)
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepp
- 5-6 avocados
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, cilantro, and cocktail sauce to a large bowl. Use 1-2 jalapenos depending on your personal preference. For us, 1 jalapeno made this plenty spicy. Add the hot sauce along with 2 tablespoons of lime juice, cayenne, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir everything together, taste and adjust the lime juice, salt and pepper to preference. Cover and refrigerate the shrimp mixture for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit. If the avocado doesn’t have a large enough space to hold a significant amount of shrimp cocktail, scoop just a little bit of the avocado out to make space. We left them as is and just piled it on high. I like to serve these with tortilla chips on the side!