Nutella Stuffed Brownie Bites
- 1 box brownie mix (I use double chocolate brownie mix)
- About 1½ cups Nutella spread
- 10 oz. Dark chocolate melts
- Sprinkles – optional
- Bake brownies per the package instructions and cool to room temperature.
- Place Nutella spread in a freezer-friendly bowl and put it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare a large cutting board covered with parchment paper to place the brownie balls on.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out some brownie and flatten it into a circle with your hand.
- Scoop out about a teaspoon of cold Nutella and place it in the middle of the brownie. (A small metal melon baller, or something similar, would be good for scooping cold Nutella.)
- Close the brownie circle around the Nutella and press the brownie ball together. Repeat with the rest of the brownie batter and Nutella. (You can wet your hands slightly with water if needed, to help shape the brownie ball.)
- Place brownie balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate melts in the double boiler.
- Using a fork, drop the brownie ball in the melted chocolate, roll it to cover completely, and take it out with a fork. Gently shake off excess coating by moving the fork up or down and gently tapping the fork on the side of the double boiler.
- Place chocolate covered brownie ball into the parchment paper and add some sprinkles on top right away, before chocolate hardens. (You may need a toothpick to help slide the chocolate covered ball off the fork and onto the paper.)
- Repeat with remaining brownie balls.
- Once all the chocolate is hardened, you can store the brownie bites in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container.