- 4 oz unsalted butter, softened (113 g)
- 1/3 cup Sukrin Gold (50 g)(or use my homemade brown sugar sub)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extractWhisk Together
- 1 cup almond flour (95 g)
- 2 tbsp oat fiber (10 g)
- 2 tsp grass-fed beef gelatin
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp saltAdd Last
- 1 large egg, cold (room temp. if you want cookies to spread more)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds (5 oz/142 g)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack into the middle position. Line a sheet pan with parchment. Chop sliced almonds in a food processor or by hand to resemble the size of oats. Measure the dry ingredients together and whisk to remove any lumps.Method:
Cream softened butter, Sukrin Gold, and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy – about 1 1/2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
Add all of the dry ingredients at once and beat until combined. Add the egg and beat until combined. Fold in the chopped sliced almonds.Bake:
Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the dough and place two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
Bake 8 minutes, remove from the oven and gently bang the cookie sheet on the stove or counter to force cookies to flatten – about 6 times. Return to the oven for 6 minutes more.
Remove the cookies from the oven and lightly smack each cookie with the spatula. Let them cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool completely before enjoying.Storage:
Store in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge. They will be crispier if refrigerated and softer if kept on the counter.