- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2large eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 3cups oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Fill a #40 cookie scoop and press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough (to measure 2 tablespoons of dough).
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.