ONE PAN BROWN SUGAR ITALIAN CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ( 0.7 ounce) packet Italian Dressing/Seasoning Mix (I use Good Seasons brand)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 medium red potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. (For easy clean-up)
- Lay chicken breasts onto prepared baking sheet. Whisk together brown sugar and Italian dressing mix in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry zucchini and red potatoes. Slice and cube both into small bite-size pieces. Lay the vegetables out onto tray next to chicken.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup brown sugar mixture over each chicken breasts, lightly patting onto breast. Then sprinkle remaining mixture onto the vegetables. Season everything with a little salt and pepper. Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in center.
- Turn broiler on high and broil chicken another 1 to 2 minutes or until brown sugar caramelizes. (Stay and watch closely so it doesn’t burn! Very important.)
- Serve immediately and enjoy!