ONE POT CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO
ONE POT CAJUN CHICKEN
- Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 5 strips of bacon, chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk, plus more as needed
- 3 bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to top
- 3 sprigs green onion, sliced, plus more to top
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more to top
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, cook the bacon over medium high until lightly crisped. Season the chicken breast cubes with about half of the Cajun seasoning. Add the chicken breast to the pot and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
- Mix the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the chicken broth and half and half or whole milk. Stir and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add in the bell peppers and fettuccine. Bring back to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until the fettucine is al dente, about 10 minutes. If your sauce starts to evaporate too much, add additional half and half, as needed.
- Season with the remaining Cajun seasoning, or to taste. Stir in the parmesan cheese, green onion, and chopped parsley, allowing the parmesan to fully melt.
- Serve warm, topped with extra parmesan, green onion, and parsley.