- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing not the creamy kind
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 16 ounces small/medium sized penne pasta
- 1 24- ounce jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce Or you can make your own. Here is a recipe that I love to use. If making your own, use 3 cups homemade sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sun dried tomatoesoptional***
- fresh chopped parsley as garnish
- ***other add ins that would be great include steamed broccoli peas, roma tomatoes, red peppers, or your favorite veggies!
Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large 12 inch skillet over medium high heat (If you don’t own a large skillet, you can use a stock pot). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of alfredo (or 3 cups of homemade alfredo). Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Add the salt and pepper to taste and the dried oregano. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking. ***
Stir in the sun dried tomatoes.
Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
Top with chopped parsley and serve! Enjoy!
***The pasta in the middle of the skillet and underneath will be more tender than the outside pasta. It’s okay if those pieces are a bit toastier and less soft. The inside will be plenty soft.