Orange and Almond Cake
- 2 oranges- boiled for 1 hour or thawed frozen boiled oranges
- 250 gms almond meal
- 2 Tbspns Stevia Organic (a mix of stevia and erythritol) or alternative sweetener to taste
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn organic vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160 C/320 F fan forced.
- Puree the oranges skin and all and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs on high for around 6 minutes till light and fluffy.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients to ensure the well combined
- Add orange puree, vanilla essence and dry ingredients to the eggs.
- Mix together gently with a spatula until ingredients have combined. Pour into a lined and prepared large 9 inch (large) round baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 4O-45 minutes or until cooked in the centre of cake.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- You can serve the cake as it is or you can add a Citrus Syrup whilst cooling in the pan.