INGREDIENTS 1 lb. ground beef or turkey* 1 small white onion, diced 3 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles 2 (15 oz.) cans beans, drained (black beans, kidney beans, a combo, or whatever you like) 2 Tbsp. chili powder (optional toppings: shredded cheese, […]
INGREDIENTS STIR-FRY INGREDIENTS: 8 ounces (uncooked) noodles of your choice (I used linguine) 2 tablespoons peanut oil or olive oil, divided 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces 1 small white onion, thinly sliced 8 ounces baby bella or white button mushrooms, thinly sliced […]
- 2.5 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) salsa*, homemade or store-bought
- 1 packet McCormick Original Taco Seasoning
- Instant Pot Method: Add chicken, salsa and taco seasoning to the bowl of your Instant Pot, and toss briefly to combine. Close lid securely and set vent to “Sealing”. Press “Manual”, then press “Pressure” until the light on “High Pressure” lights up, then adjust the +/- buttons until time reads 30 minutes. Cook. Then very carefully, turn the vent to “Venting” for quick release, and wait until all of the steam has released and the valve has dropped. Remove the lid. Continue with step 3 below.
- Crock-Pot Method: Add chicken, salsa and taco seasoning to the bowl of your slow cooker, and toss briefly to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, then give the chicken a good toss with the remaining juices.
- Serve immediately. Or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
INGREDIENTS 1 bunch thick asparagus, about 24 spears, ends trimmed 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from one lemon 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon 1/3 cup […]
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies, I used the double stuff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 1 Large Russet Potato, peeled & grated (You can also use ¾ cup frozen shredded hash browns!) Vegetable Spray ½ cup cheddar cheese (optional) 4 eggs Salt/Pepper to taste INSTRUCTIONS Let’s start by getting the moisture out of that grated potato. I use paper […]
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (I used a mixture of roma and cherry tomatoes)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored and cut into large chunks
- quarter of a red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup lightly-packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper (optional: and crushed red pepper flakes)
- optional garnishes: extra chopped tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil, and/or salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender or large food processor, and puree until completely smooth. (If all of the ingredients don’t initially fit, you can puree the first half of the ingredients, then gradually add more in as there is more room available.)
- Taste, and season with extra salt and pepper and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to chill. Or serve immediately, topped with your desired garnishes.
INGREDIENTS 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes), peeled if desired 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (or any high-heat oil) 2 teaspoons sea salt 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (optional) 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh […]