INGREDIENTS 8 oz (220g) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined 2 tablespoons olive oil 8 oz (220g) tortellini 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 handful cherry or grape tomatoes, halved 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped 1 tablespoon tomato paste 6 cups (1.5l) water 6 oz fresh baby spinach 1 […]
INGREDIENTS 1 lb (450g) sausage (Bratwurst or Italian style) 1 lb (450g) fresh stringless green beans, trimmed 3 tablespoons butter, divided, 5 garlic cloves, minced 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish Salt and fresh cracked pepper 1/4 cup (60ml) […]
- 1 chicken, 3½ lbs (1.75 kg), patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place chicken on a work surface and cut off wing tips. Turn the chicken breast side down and cut along both sides of the backbone to remove it. Open up the chicken cut a shallow line along either side of the breastbone with the tip of a knife and strip of cartilage. Turn chicken skin side up and press down vigorously on the center of the breast to flatten the chicken. Of course, this step is optional if you bought a butterflied chicken at the grocery store.
3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to the skillet, then arrange chicken skin side down. Cover the bottom of a smaller cast-iron skillet (or pot) with foil and place over chicken to weigh it down and keep it flat in the pan.
4. Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 15–18 minutes. Remove the top skillet and turn chicken skin side up. Transfer to preheated oven and roast just until cooked through, approximately 15-20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast should read 160°F (70ºC). Remove the skillet from oven and transfer chicken skin side up on a plate to rest for a couple of minutes while you make the sauce.
5. Set the same skillet over medium-low heat and add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until garlic is softened and fragrant, about 1 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and swirl the skillet to emulsify. Reduce heat to low and add butter. Cook, swirling to combine until melted. Pour in the cooking juices that have pooled under the chicken in the plate. Reduce until slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes; then mix in parsley and rosemary. Return chicken to skillet to serve. Slice chicken down through the breast into 2, remove leg and thigh from each half. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks 4-5 medium zucchini, rinsed and spiralized (or a pack of store-bought Zucchini Noodles) 4 tablespoons butter, divided 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha) 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken broth Juice […]
INGREDIENTS ½ pound of white-fleshed fish – I used 2 big sized tilapia fillets about ¼ cup flour for dredging freshly ground white or black pepper to taste 2-4 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon small capers, drained ¼ teaspoon […]
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream or mayo or combination)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (or 1/4 cup white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated (optional)
- Mix everything and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 2 pieces bread, toasted 1 avocado, peeled and seeded 2 tsp cilantro, plus more for garnish Juice of 1/2 lime 1/4 tsp cayenne powder 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes Salt and pepper 2 eggs, scrambled Salsa INSTRUCTIONS In bowl mix together your avocado, cilantro, […]
INGREDIENTS Cake 1 stick butter, softened 3/4 cup sugar 1 tsp vanilla 1 egg 2 cups flour 2 tsp baking powder pinch salt 3/4 cup milk Filling 3 tablespoons butter, softened 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1/2 cup flour 1/2 cup packed brown sugar Topping 5 tablespoon […]
For the Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee bold
- 5 oz vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp chocolate syrupOptional Toppings
- Additional tbsp chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Add ice, chocolate chips, greek yogurt, chocolate syrup, and coffee to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.