INGREDIENTS 4 cups broccoli chopped 1 small onion diced 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock 1 teaspoon garlic minced 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese 3/4 cup heavy cream salt and pepper to taste INSTRUCTIONS In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together stock, onions, […]
INGREDIENTS 1 medium head of cauliflower 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil for AIP or dairy sensitivity 1 small onion diced 1 lb small shiitake mushrooms, sliced or cremini or white mushrooms 3 garlic cloves minced 2 tbsp coconut aminos 1 cup full-fat coconut milk 1 cup bone broth or chicken broth or vegetable broth 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 1/2 tsp sea salt or more, to taste 2 tbsp tapioca […]
For the french toast casserole:
- 1 16-ounce loaf bread sliced into 16 slices
- 7 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- powdered sugar (for garnish)For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 rectangular pan. Place 8 of the bread slices in one even layer at the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Make cream cheese filling by adding cream cheese to a bowl of a stand mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat until blended. Pour mixture over prepared pan with slices of bread. Spread with a spatula to create an even layer.
- In a separate medium bowl, add berries and remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. Toss to combine. Toss over the cream cheese filling. Top casserole with remaining 8 slices of bread and press down.
- In a large bowl, add 7 eggs, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until eggs are beaten and mixture is combined. Add milk and half and half and whisk gently to combine. Pour mixture slowly over casserole, ensuring that it’s evenly distributed. Push down with the back of a spoon to ensure bread soaks up all the egg mixture.
- Bake casserole in preheated oven until fully-cooked, about 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let it sit for 10-20 minutes before serving.
INGREDIENTS 1.5 lbs (700g) medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined 1.5 (700g) asparagus (1 bunch) rinsed and trimmed 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 teaspoon onion powder Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika 1/4 […]
- 6 pounds (2 slabs) baby back pork ribs
- your favorite dry barbecue rub (I like McCormick Grillmates Sweet & Smoky Rub)
- your favorite barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees F.
- Remove the membrane, or silverskin, covering the bone side of each rib rack. Slide a table knife under the silverskin anywhere along the rack. If it resists in one spot, try another. Lift and loosen it with the knife until you can grab it with a paper towel. Pull it off the ribs; it should peel away in one large sheet, but if it breaks, use the knife to restart at another section.
- Place two large pieces of foil (stacked) on a baking sheet. Rub one of the rib racks with your favorite barbecue rub on both sides, then place the rack meat- side down on the foil. Place another two layers of foil on top of the rack. Pinch foil together all around the sides to create a “package.” Repeat with the other rack of ribs, dry rub and foil. Place both baking sheets of ribs into the preheated oven. Bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until ribs are falling-apart tender.
- Open up the rib packages, gently transfer the ribs to a cutting board and cut into one or two-rib chunks. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. You can either return the ribs to the oven at this point and place them under the broiler to get a nice, caramelized barbecue sauce on your ribs… or you can transfer them to a pre-heated grill and grill for a few minutes. Either way, they turn out fabulous.
INGREDIENTS 1 lb. thick sliced bacon, cut into squares (Use more or less bacon to taste.) 1 large head green cabbage, cut into large bite-sized chunks 1 T bacon grease (reserved from cooking the bacon) salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste pinch hot pepper […]
INGREDIENTS Batter: 2 tbsp butter softened 2 oz cream cheese softened 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener 4 eggs 2 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk 1 cup almond flour 1/2 cup coconut flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt Topping: 1 cup almond flour 1/4 cup coconut flour 1/4 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener 3 tbsp butter softened 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp molasses (optional) INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven […]
- 4 cups grated coconut without added sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup grated semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend the grated coconut for 3 minutes. Add the condensed milk and blend until a dough is formed. Transfer dough to a square baking dish lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to smooth out to about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove hardened dough from baking dish, and cut into bars. Round out the edges, then return to refrigerator until needed.
- Over a double boiler, melt the 1 cup chopped chocolate. Remove from heat and add the grated chocolate. Stir well until all the chocolate melts. Add the coconut oil and stir to combine. Dip each coconut bar into the melted chocolate, then arrange on a baking pan covered with greased parchment paper. Refrigerate until the chocolate dries.