INGREDIENTS Cake: 1 (15.25-oz) box Devil’s Food cake mix 1 (5.9-oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix 1/2 cup warm water 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable) 4 eggs , beaten 1 cup sour cream 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips Glaze: 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (you can replace this with all semi-sweet chips) 3 cups Cool Whip topping (see Note […]
INGREDIENTS 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 egg 1/4 cup molasses 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned into measuring cups) 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup sugar for rolling 12 ounces almond bark or white chocolate chips (optional) INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. In […]
- 3/4 lb. Flat Iron Steak other cuts like Top Sirloin or Tenderloin would work well here too
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes halves
- 1 cup of bocconcini mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado seeded and sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ¼ cup basil leaves sliced
1.Whisk together the marinade ingredients. Reserve half in the refrigerator for later as a dressing. Pour the remaining half on the steak in a glass bowl or resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Preheat your grill to medium high heat and oil the grill grate. Cook the steak for 3-5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads the desired doneness. Medium Rare:145°F ; Medium: 160°F; Well Done: 170°F.
Remove steak from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute. Slice against the grain in thin slices.
For the salad: In a large shallow serving bowl, arrange the mixed greens, tomatoes, mozzarella balls, avocado, red onion and basil leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the sliced steak. Drizzle with the reserved balsamic dressing. Note: You can also serve in individual portions on smaller plates.
INGREDIENTS Sticky Bun Coating: 1/3 cup butter , melted 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped pecans Buns: 3 tablespoons butter , melted 1 egg , beaten 1 tablespoon milk 1/3 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice 6 Thomas English pumpkin spice muffins , cut into 1 ½ inch cubes INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For the Sticky Bun Coating: In a […]
INGREDIENTS 6 ounces dry elbow macaroni (about 1 1/2 cups) 4 tablespoons butter 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth 12 ounces sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3 cups) 2 cups milk (2% or whole), warmed 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese […]
For the sauce/marinade:
- 2/3 c. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 c. beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. cornstarchFor the stir fry:
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak sliced thin
- 1 lb. linguini noodles
- 4 tsp canola oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 carrots sliced into match-sticks
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 1-2 c. cabbage shredded
- sesame seeds to taste (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small mixing bowl.
- Place half of the mixture in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add sliced beef, seal (pressing as much air out as you can), and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add cornstarch to remaining mixture in bowl and stir until smooth, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare linguini noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add steak slices, discarding excess marinade.
- Stir-fry until just browned, remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same skillet and stir-fry peppers, onion, carrots, and broccoli until onions become clear and soft.
- Add cabbage and beef to the skillet and cook until cabbage becomes soft.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and toss with beef/vegetable mixture, adding the reserved sauce mixture. Toss until noodles are coated in sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS Apples: 2 cups diced apples heaping, approx. 2 medium apples 1 Tbsp light brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon Apple Spice Cake: 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp salt 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg 1 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed 1 cup granulated sugar 3 large eggs room temperature 1 tsp vanilla Caramel: 1 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup water 150 ml heavy cream room temperature 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature […]
INGREDIENTS Baked Wonton Cups 15 wonton wrappers (see notes below) 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil Salt For The Shrimp 2 teaspoons olive oil 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 lime 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder, substitute regular chili powder 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon […]
- 1 cup oat flour, process rolled oats for 30 seconds in food processor
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats
- 1 can black beans, strained and drained
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil – plus some for cooking
- 1 heaped tbsp. tomato paste
- season to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- season to taste
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcester sauce
- 1/2 – 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp. molasses (optional)
- Garnish with fresh Mint
- Pulse your one cup rolled oats in the food processor until a flour forms. Then add the rest of your ingredients into the processor and blend till everything is well combined. You want to ensure there is no loose flour, this is how you know you’re done blending.
- Begin rolling into “meat balls” I like using a tbsp. to measure or even a small ice cream scoop. Please note, you’re balls will cook differently depending on the size you roll them. Once your balls are rolled, set them into the fridge while you prepare your BBQ sauce.
- Into a medium sized pot add your oil and heat on low for a 1 minute. Add your onions and cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Add your garlic and cook for another minute. Add the remainder of your ingredients and simmer on medium for around 10-15 minutes, stir often to avoid sticking or burning. Taste and ensure it has the flavours you desire. If it’s perfect then remove from heat, once cooled enough to handle use a hand blender to thicken and blend. Set aside.
- Into a large non stick pan heat your olive oil for 1 minute or so. Add your balls and cook for around 1 minute on each side. Add your desired amount of BBQ sauce to the pot and cook for around 5-6 minutes, on medium, with lid on, until your balls are cooked throughout. A way to test this is to cut into one and check if it’s hot in the middle and steaming. That’s when you know you’re ready to eat all this deliciousness!
- Serve hot with Rice, on their own or with salad!
INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 1 small onion , finely chopped 1 red or green bell pepper , cored, seeded, and finely chopped 2 16-oz cans pork and beans 1/2 cup barbecue sauce 1/2 cup ketchup 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce 4 tablespoons brown sugar 6 to 8 slices bacon , cut into pieces and cooked INSTRUCTIONS Preheat […]