INGREDIENTS 1 lb refrigerated chow mein noodles or 8 oz dry thin spaghetti 1 lb chicken , sliced into 1/2-inch thin strips 1 cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks) 2 Tbsp vegetable oil 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots 4 green […]
INGREDIENTS 4 oz fettuccine pasta 3/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 2 tablespoon flour 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon butter 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth 1/2 cup whipping cream 1/2 teaspoon […]
- 3 oz regular cream cheese (90 g)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp gluten-free oat flour (45 mL)
- Liquid sucralose to equal 4 tsp SPLENDA Granular (20 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- In food processor, process cream cheese. Add eggs; process. Add oat flour, liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA Granular and vanilla extract and process until smooth, scraping down the sides at least once and processing again.
- Use 3 tbsp (45 mL) batter for each crepe and a small, nonstick 6-inch (15 cm) crepe pan (inside diameter). Tilt pan to coat with batter. Cook over medium heat. Flip crepe when it is easy to slide a spatula underneath it. Cook a few seconds on the second side. Set aside in covered casserole dish and in the oven at a low heat of 190°F (88°C). Brush pan with a little olive oil between every few crepes. Without the oil, the crepes will have a smoother appearance.
INGREDIENTS 1 L plain drinking water 1 cup watermelon cubes 1/4 cup mint leaves 1 lime, cut into slices INSTRUCTIONS In a large glass jar add in plain water, watermelon cubes, mint leaves and lime slices. Stir in all the additions into the water so […]
INGREDIENTS 16 ounces dried Great Northern beans 8 cups chicken broth 2 carrots, diced 2 stalks celery, diced 2 cups diced butternut squash 1 medium yellow onion, diced 4 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced 4 bay leaves 4 sprigs thyme 1½ teaspoons kosher salt […]
- 1½ lbs. flank steak, cut across the grain into ¼-inch strips
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. fresh grated ginger root (or paste)
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. hoisin sauce
- ⅓. c. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. crushed chili paste or chili flakes
- For the vegetables:
- ½ c. sliced water chestnuts
- 1 c. chopped bell peppers
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and lightly steamed
- 3 green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
- Toss the strips of beef in the corn starch and let them sit on the cutting board for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan set over medium heat add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, lightly sauté the garlic for a minute, then add the ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Pour the remaining ingredients in the pan and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce begins to reduce or thicken. Keep warm while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, quickly stir-fry the beef in 2-3 batches. You want it to be nice and crisp on the outsides, but not cooked throughout. Transfer cooked beef to a plate. If the pan has a lot of oil in it, remove all but 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes before returning the beef to the skillet. Add the sauce, stir, and allow everything to cook for an additional 2 minutes before removing from the heat. Serve immediately with a side of steamed rice or your favorite noodles.
INGREDIENTS 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR 6 large chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless) salt and pepper, to taste 4 tablespoons butter divided 3 tablespoons honey 1 tablespoon minced garlic juice of 1 lime about 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 375 degrees and season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. […]
INGREDIENTS 3-4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness 1/2 cup flour 3 eggs + 2 tablespoons water 1 cup panko bread crumbs sauce 2 tablespoons butter 1 1/2 cups brown sugar 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce (it can be original or buffalo flavor) 1/2 […]
- 4 4 oz chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped or 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- To Make filling:In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and salt + pepper until fully combined.
- To Butterfly your chicken breasts: lay them flat on a sturdy surface. Place one hand on top to hold it in place and then slice 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast (be careful not to slice all the way through).
- To Stuff the Chicken: Season the outside of the chicken with chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1/4 of cheese mixture into the middle of the cut chicken breasts and fold the chicken so the cream cheese is sealed inside. Use toothpicks to secure chicken if desired.
- To Cook: Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the chicken, covering the pan with a lid, for about 9-10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.