INGREDIENTS 1 cup diced onion 4 large garlic cloves, minced 1 Tbsp canola oil 6 medium uncooked red potatoes, cubed 1 bay leaf 1/4 tsp salt 5 cups water 4 tsp chicken bouillon granules 4 Tbsp butter 1/2 cup flour 1 cup milk Salt and Pepper Toppings: green onion, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits […]
Cheeseburger Muffin Buns
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour creamHamburger Filling
- 16 ounces ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to tasteToppings
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (~1.5 oz.)
- 18 slices baby dill pickles (~1 pickle)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Partially cook ground beef in a hot pan with seasonings. Once seared, turn the pan off.
- Mix together the dry ingredients for the muffins and pre-heat oven to 350F. Then, mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Divide up the mixture for the muffins into silicone muffin cups.
- Indent the muffin to give space for the ground beef. Then, fill each muffin with ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are browned slightly on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and top with some cheese, then broil for an additional 1-3 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then remove from the silicone muffin cups. Top and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil ⅛ cup freshly chopped basil ⅛ cup freshly chopped parsley (or use all basil) 1 clove garlic, minced 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (cherry-size mozzarella balls) Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1 pint cherry […]
INGREDIENTS 1 lemon 4 cloves garlic (small, minced) 1 tablespoon parsley (heaping; chopped) 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Dash kosher salt Dash black pepper 4 salmon fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each) 2 lemons INSTRUCTIONS Heat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking […]
- 2 lb / 1 kg boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 3 large garlic cloves , minced (~ 3 tsp)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or red wine or apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cucumbers (to make about 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated cucumber after squeezing out juice)
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or more if you want richer)
- 1/2 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 3 tomatoes , desseeded and diced
- 3 cucumbers , diced
- 1/2 red spanish onion , peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 to 6 pita breads or flat breads
Place the Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag and massage to mix. Add the chicken into the ziplock bag and massage to cover all the chicken in the Marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably 3 hours, ideally 12 hours and no longer than 24 hours.
Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to scrape the watery seeds out. Coarsely grate the cucumber using a box grater. Then wrap in paper towels or a tea towel and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
Place cucumber in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients then mix to combine. Set aside for at least 20 minutes for the flavours to meld.
Combine ingredients in a bowl.
Brush the outdoor grill with oil, then preheat on medium high. Or heat 1 tbsp of oil in a fry pan over medium high heat.
Remove chicken from Marinade. Cook the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through (cooking time depends on size of chicken).
Remove the chicken from the grill / fry pan onto a plate. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If your chicken thighs are large, you may need to cut them. Mine were small.
Get a pita bread or flatbread (preferably warmed) and place it on a piece of parchment (baking) paper (or you could use foil). Place some Salad down the middle of the bread, then top with chicken and Tzatziki.
Roll the wrap up, enclosing it with the parchment paper. Twist the end with the excess parchment paper to secure it.
I prefer to lay everything out on a table and let everyone help themselves.
INGREDIENTS 8 ounces linguine (or other pasta) (gluten free for gluten free) 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons butter 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional) 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup lemon juice […]
INGREDIENTS 1 egg white 1 TBS pure vanilla extract 4-5 cups pecan halves 1 cup granulated white sugar 1 tsp sea salt 2 tsp ground cinnamon INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet. (Do NOT use parchment paper or foil. Bake directly on the greased pan)! In a large mixing bowl, […]
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 cup unpeeled finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or cinnamon chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a standard muffin pan, set aside.
Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
Put banana, coconut sugar, and coconut oil into your food processor fitted with the “S” blade or blender (Vitamix) and process until smooth.
Add the eggs, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar and process/blend until just combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and pulse to combine.
Add the zucchini and process/blend until evenly mixed into the batter.
Mix in chocolate chips (or cinnamon chips) by hand.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean. (To make into bread bake in 9×5” loaf pan for 35-40 minutes!)
These muffins freeze VERY well. I make a batch, freeze them and pop them out for an easy, healthy breakfast for my kids! I just reheat for 1 minute in the microwave (from frozen) and let them cool a bit! My kids LOVE these.
INGREDIENTS 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk 4 TBS maple syrup or honey 4 TBS peanut butter 1 tsp pure vanilla extract ¼ tsp sea salt 1/3 cup chia seeds 1 cup old-fashioned oats INSTRUCTIONS Put almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla salt and chia seeds in the container of your Vitaimx. Begin blending, starting on low speed […]