INGREDIENTS For the dressing: 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt 3 tablespoons sour cream 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 3 tablespoons milk dash Worcestershire 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar salt & pepper, to taste For the wedges salads: iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 […]
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 inch tart pan.
- Combine ingredients for crust and press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the whipped cream, whip heavy whipping cream on high speed for 2-3 minutes. Cream will initially bubble a little bit, then start to thicken.
- As the cream starts to thicken, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Whip on high until stiff peaks form, for a total whipping time of about 5-7 minutes.
- Set whipped cream aside and combine mascarpone cheese, remaining powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix on slow speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spread filling into the tart crust and refrigerate until firm, 3-4 hours.
INGREDIENTS 1 cup frozen raspberries ¾ cup chopped fresh peaches ¼ cup vanilla greek yogurt ⅓ cup vanilla almond milk INSTRUCTIONS Place all ingredients into blender (liquid ingredients first). Blend on high for 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrap down sides and blend for another 30 […]
INGREDIENTS 1 lb / 500g Italian sausages (spicy) (Note 1) 1/3 cup bacon , diced 1 brown onion (large), peeled and diced 4 – 6 garlic cloves , minced (I like garlicky, so I use 6) 1 lb / 500g potatoes (Note 2), peeled and cut into 1 1/2 cm / 3/5″ cubes (2 large or […]
- 180 g / 6 oz chicken breast , thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp baking soda / bi-carb (Note 1)
- 1 tbsp cornflour / corn starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce (Note 3)
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine (rice wine) (Note 4)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Dash of white pepper (or black)
- 3/4 cup / 185 ml water
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1/2 onion , sliced (white, brown, yellow)
- 5 – 6 stems choy sum (or other Asian greens)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitake is authentic, but any will do)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Place chicken in a bowl, sprinkle over baking soda. Use your fingers to mix then set aside for 20 minutes, no longer than 30 minutes (can get too tender). Rinse well, pat excess water with paper towels, set aside.
Place cornflour and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix until lump free. Then add remaining Sauce ingredients and stir.
Trim end off choy sum. Then cut into 7cm / 3″ pieces. Separate stems from leaves.
Peel carrot, cut into 3cm / 1.3″ pieces. Then slice the pieces thinly (see video).
Heat oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add garlic, stir quickly, then add onion, Cook for 1 minute, moving constantly, until onion is starting to wilt.
Add chicken, cook for 1 minute until the surface changes from pink to white.
Add choy sum stems, carrot and mushrooms. Stir fry for 1 minute.
Add choy sum leaves, bean sprouts and Sauce. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until the Sauce thickens to a thick syrup consistency. Vegetables should still be tender/crisp, not soggy and soft.
Remove from heat and serve immediately over rice or noodles.
INGREDIENTS 12 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken in half grated parmesan cheese fresh basil or thyme for garnish (optional) Meatballs 1 pound lean ground beef 1 egg 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Sauce 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce 1/3 cup packed fresh basil, finely chopped 1 tablespoon minced garlic 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning […]
INGREDIENTS 2 1/2 cups milk or half and half (I like to use fat free half and half) 1/4 cup sugar 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional toppings: marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings, caramel sauce, crushed peppermint candies optional stir-ins: 1/2 teaspoon […]
- 2-2 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes quartered (or halved if they are already less than 1 inch in size, see note)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh thyme or parsley for topping (optional)
In a large bowl combine steak, potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and seasonings and toss to combine.
2. Divide steak and potatoes between four 12×12 inch sheets of foil, then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your foil packs. Grill over high heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until steak and potatoes are cooked through OR bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through to desired doneness (see note).
**If you prefer a char on your steak, you can open up the packets at the end and cook for a couple minutes directly on the grill, or for baking you can switch oven to broil for a few minutes (with packets opened).
3. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley and serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS Baked Meatballs with Mozzarella 20-24 Italian meatballs, cooked (recipe below) 1 24-oz. jar marinara sauce 8 ounces of mozzarella, shredded Italian Meatballs 1 onion, grated 2 eggs, beaten 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning 1 1/2 teaspoons […]