INGREDIENTS 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk 2 TBS plant-based vanilla protein powder ½ large grapefruit peeled 1 medium orange peeled 1 banana frozen 1 cup strawberries frozen 2 cups spinach frozen 1 TBS honey optional INSTRUCTIONS Place all ingredients in your Vitamix (or other high powered blender} in the order listed. Blend for 60-90 seconds, starting on low and increasing to high […]
INGREDIENTS 2 large overripe bananas about 1 cup, mashed ¼ cup coconut oil ¼ cup creamy almond butter 2 TBS pure maple syrup 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs lightly beaten ¼ cup of coconut flour ¼ cup almond flour ½ teaspoon of baking powder ¼ tsp baking soda ½ tsp sea salt ½ tsp cinnamon ½ cup chocolate chips INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×4” baking […]
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ banana frozen
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup fresh, raw beets diced
- 1 TBS honey or more to taste
- 1 cup spinach
Place all ingredients into the container of your Vitamix (or other high-powered blender).
Blend starting on low speed and increasing to high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth.
Pour and serve immediately!
9×13 pan of brownies, baked and cooled
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
Caramel & Peanut Layer
- 14 ounce bag Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate, melted
- In the microwave or over the stove, melt together the marshmallow fluff and peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the baked brownies.
- In the microwave or over the stove, heat the caramels and heavy whipping cream until melted and mixed smoothly together. Mix in the peanuts.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the nougat (marshmallow) layer.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the caramel layer (see the notes in the post for tips).
- Chill for at least an hour before digging in. Store in the fridge.
INGREDIENTS 1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2 teaspoons grilling seasoning blend, such as Montreal 1 large (or 2 medium) sweet potato, peeled and diced 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets and rinsed 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup maple syrup Salt and fresh […]
- 1 (1 – 1.4 kg / 2 – 2.8 lb) side of salmon (Note 1)
- 3- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50g) (Note 2)
- Oil spray
- 3 tbsp / 50 g butter , melted
- 1/3 cup (40g) grated parmesan , store bought (1/2 cup fresh grated) (Note 3)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2tbsp / 30g butter
- 1 eschallot / finely chopped (Note 4)
- 1 1/4 cups (315 ml) dry white wine (Note 5)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy cream / thickened cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh dill
Take salmon out of the fridge to bring to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 180C / 350F (fan / convection) or 200C / 390F (standard).
Spread panko on baking tray, spray generously with oil then bake for 3 to 5 minutes until light golden brown. (Note 6) Scrape into bowl immediately.
Add butter and stir, then add remaining Parmesan Crumb ingredients.
Line same tray with foil. Place salmon on foil.
Spread Dijon on salmon using a butter knife. Just a thin coating – like buttering toast.
Sprinkle Crumb all over.
Bake for 20 minutes for just cooked juicy perfection, or to taste. (Note 7)
Remove from oven. Loosen salmon from foil using egg flip or butter knife – skin will hopefully be stuck to foil.
Plate watercress on serving platter.
Use foil to lift salmon onto watercress on serving plate, then slide out the foil from under it (see video under recipe). Serve with Lemon Cream Sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add eschalots and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and bring to boil. Leave to boil rapidly for 5 minutes or until reduced by 3/4 or so.
Turn heat down to medium. Add cream, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir, then add lemon juice and mustard. Stir again. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened (see video). Adjust salt, pepper and lemon to taste. Be generous with the salt – remember the salmon is not marinated, the only salt is in the topping.
Optional: strain. I don’t bother.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so. It will thicken as it cools. It can be served warm or at room temperature.
INGREDIENTS Peanut Butter Filling: ½ cup creamy peanut butter ¼ cup coconut oil softened/melted ½ tsp pure vanilla extract ¼ tsp sea salt 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 TBS almond milk Chocolate Coating: 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate 1 TBS peanut butter INSTRUCTIONS Make the Chocolate Coating: Melt chocolate and peanut butter together in the microwave or over a double […]