INGREDIENTS 8 ounces fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package’s instructions 2 tablespoons butter 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic (I like a little stronger garlic flavor so I use 2 teaspoons) 1/2 cup water 2 ounces light cream cheese 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth 3 tablespoons flour 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated (or any other Italian style cheese – I used a three cheese […]
INGREDIENTS 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked according to package instructions 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed) 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced 1 medium zucchini, chopped 1 medium yellow squash, chopped 1 teaspoon minced garlic 2 tablespoons olive oil salt and pepper to taste optional: fresh basil Pesto Vinaigrette 6 tablespoons pesto 3 tablespoons vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil INSTRUCTIONS Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together […]
- 1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 8 Oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Butter (or Coconut Oil)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop and your hands roll sausage mixture into 20-25 sausage balls (I made 23)
- Place sausage balls on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 16-20 minutes
- Store in a sandwich bag or covered bowl in the fridge. My mother in law would leave them sitting out at room temp, but I just can’t do that.
INGREDIENTS 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth (like Kitchen Basics ® Original Chicken Stock) 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Onion Powder 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Ground Ginger 2 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste) 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (see note) 4 slices white bread 4 tablespoons butter, softened 4 slices provolone cheese […]
INGREDIENTS 2/3 cup dried white great northern or navy beans 2/3 cup dried red kidney beans 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy) 1/2 yellow or white onion, diced 3 teaspoons minced garlic 4 cups chicken broth 1 15 oz can tomato sauce 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (not drained) 2 celery ribs, chopped 1/2 cup carrots, chopped or sliced 1 cup ditalini pasta, boiled til tender 1 teaspoon salt, or to […]
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, de-veined and tails removed
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered (pieces should be no bigger than 1 inch max)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half (see note)
1. Add bacon to a large pot and cook over medium-high heat for 4-8 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a towel-lined plate and set aside.
2. Add garlic and shrimp to pot and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until garlic is fragrant and begins to brown and shrimp turns opaque.
3. Add corn, carrots, celery, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, potatoes, and chicken/vegetable broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then pour in heavy cream. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir in bacon and cook another 2-3 minutes.
4. Garnish with chopped parsley or thyme and cracked black pepper, and serve.
INGREDIENTS 4-6 boneless chicken thighs OR 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved fresh thyme and cracked black pepper, for garnish (optional) steamed white rice, for serving (optional) Sauce 1/2 cup ketchup 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup red wine vinegar 1/2 cup onion, diced 3 tablespoons honey 2 teaspoons paprika 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 cup olive […]
INGREDIENTS 4 4 ounce salmon fillets (boneless, skinless) 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed Sesame Glaze 6 tablespoons honey 1 tablespoon brown sugar 4 tablespoons soy sauce 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 2 tablespoons cold water 2 teaspoons corn starch Garnish sesame seeds INSTRUCTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking pan. 2. In a small-medium […]
- 4 ounces pancetta cut into 1-inch x ¼-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 rib celery sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion peeled & diced
- 1 zucchini sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed red peppers
- 2 14 ounce cans Basil, Oregano Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 1 11.5 ounce can/bottle Low-Sodium V8 juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ¾ cup dry Orzo
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled & cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 15 ounce cans great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- Reserved crispy Pancetta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Crusty Italian Bread
Place the Pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the Pancetta until crisp and remove it to a paper towel-lined plate for later use.
Add 1-tablespoon olive oil and lower heat to medium-low. When oil shimmers, add the carrots and celery and cook for 2 minutes. Stir often.
Add the onion, stirring often, and cook 2 minutes.
Add the zucchini and yellow squash and cook 2 minutes. Stir often.
Add the garlic, stir and cook 30 seconds more.
Add red pepper flakes, seasoned tomatoes with juice, V8 juice, bay leaf, spinach and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil.
Add orzo and potatoes and bring the soup back to boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until orzo is cooked to al denté, about 10 minutes or per pasta package directions.
Add beans and cook 5 minutes or until beans are heated through.
Season to taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with reserved crispy Pancetta, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.
Serve immediately along with slices of toasty Italian bread.
INGREDIENTS 6 tablespoons butter 1 medium sweet yellow or yellow onion diced 1 red pepper orange or yellow bell pepper, diced 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced 2 cloves garlic minced 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon ground cumin ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper red pepper flakes 1 teaspoon kosher salt ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth Juice from 1 […]