INGREDIENTS 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped 1 medium onion, chopped 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional; can sub 1/4 teaspoon black pepper) 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced fire-roasted […]
INGREDIENTS 3-4 slices bacon 1/4 cup finely chopped onion 1 large head collard greens trimmed and julienne sliced 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 cup water 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar INSTRUCTIONS Heat a large pot over medium heat and fry bacon pieces until crispy. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside. […]
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peas thawed if frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
Microwave your baked potatoes until almost completely tender. (See this post for details and tips on how to microwave a baked potato.) Let cool for a minute so they aren’t burning hot.
Cut cooked potatoes into bite-sized cubes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil and heat until butter is melted.
Add potatoes in a single layer, stir to coat then let cook for 3-5 minutes, until lightly colored on the bottom. Flip the potatoes over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Add peas and stir to heat through.
Add salt, pepper and cheese and stir to combine and melt cheese.
Serve hot and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 12 oz. whole wheat penne or rotini pasta 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1-inch long pieces 1 cup green peas (thawed, if frozen) 2/3 cup prepared pesto 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese (or use whole milk ricotta) 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat) 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese […]
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE MARINADE 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce 3 tablespoons brown sugar 1 clove garlic, minced 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or sub 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger) Pinch of salt and black pepper 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 tablespoon water FOR THE KABOBS 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut […]
- 6 1-inch thick pork chops, excess fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, combine the brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, and garlic. Mix well. Pour the mixture over the pork chops.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or until the pork is cooked through and tender.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper before serving.
INGREDIENTS 1 onion, diced 4-6 cloves garlic, minced 1 bunch of asparagus, woody stalks removed and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces 8 ounces mushrooms (about 15 or so if you use Crimini), roughly chopped 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste) 1/2 cup […]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of Flahavans Jumbo Oats
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and grease your square baking tray with a bit of coconut oil
- Next mash up the banana well and mix with the oats and raisins
- Place the mixture in the baking tray and press down firmly
- Pop in the oven and bake for 15 min or until the top is brown
- Let it cool before devouring