INGREDIENTS 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved 5 mini cucumbers , sliced into 1/4” coins 3 teaspoons olive oil 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste 2 Tablespoons red onions , diced 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped INSTRUCTIONS Add cherry tomatoes and cucumbers to a bowl. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on […]
INGREDIENTS 1 1/3 cup mashed bananas 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice divided 1 1/2 cups milk 3 cups flour 1/2 tablespoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup butter softened 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 large eggs 1 teaspoons vanilla Frosting 8 oz cream cheese 1/3 cup butter softened 3-3 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest from 1 lemon INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9 […]
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c. + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ c. brown sugar, packed
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the glaze:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp. milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Pour oats into a food processor and pulse about 10-12 times (you want it to be an even mix of ground and whole oats). In a medium size bowl, combine the oats, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, whisk together.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on high speed. With mixing speed on low, add the egg and mix until incorporated. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. The dough is fairly soft so I prefer refrigerating it for 20-30 minutes before rolling, that way my hands aren’t a mess and it gives it time to rest.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, place balls of dough onto each sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10-14 minutes. I prefer crisp iced oatmeal cookies so I leave mine in for the full 14.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small mixing bowl. Dip the tops of the cookies in and swirl to remove any excess. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
INGREDIENTS 1 cup frozen strawberries I use Dole 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt 1/2 cup low-fat milk 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar INSTRUCTIONS Place all ingredients in the pitcher of a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS 1 medium head of cauliflower , about 600 – 700g / 1.2 – 1.4 lb (Note 1) Low Cal Creamy Soup Broth: 500 g / 1 lb zucchinis (2 large), peeled and cut into 1.5cm / 3/5″ slices 1 large onion , roughly chopped (brown, white, yellow) 2 garlic cloves , whole […]
- 60 g / 4 tbsp unsalted butter , cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and finely ground pepper
- 2 x thin white fish fillets (120-150g / 4-5oz each), skinless boneless (I used Bream, Note 1)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp white flour
- 2 tbsp oil (I use canola)
- Lemon wedges
- Finely chopped parsley, optional
Place the butter in a light coloured saucepan or small skillet over medium heat.
Melt butter then leave on the stove, whisking / stirring very now and then. When the butter turns golden brown and it smells nutty – about 3 minutes, remove from stove immediately and pour into small bowl. (Note 2)
Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir then taste when it has cooled slightly. Adjust lemon/salt to taste.
Set aside – it will stay pourable for 20 – 30 minutes. See Note 3 for storing.
Pat fish dry using paper towels. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, then flour. Use fingers to spread flour. Turn and repeat. Shake excess flour off well, slapping between hands if necessary.
Heat oil in a non stick skillet over high heat. When the oil is shimmering and there are faint wisps of smoke, add fish. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges, then turn and cook the other side for 1 1/2 minutes (cook longer if you have thicker fillets).
Remove immediately onto serving plates. Drizzle each with about 1 tbsp of Sauce (avoid dark specks settled at the bottom of the bowl), garnish with parsley and serve with lemon on the side. Pictured in post with Kale and Quinoa Salad.
INGREDIENTS 14 oz firm or extra firm tofu, pressed for 15 minutes then sliced into 4 rectangles 1 cup dry quinoa 1 ½ cup water 1 large broccoli head, chopped 2 tbsp soy sauce ½ cup water ¼ tsp ground ginger ¼ tsp garlic powder 3 tbsp brown sugar 2 tbsp agave nectar 1 tbsp cornstarch […]
INGREDIENTS 2 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and diced 1 large garlic clove, peeled 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced ¼ medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced ½ cup raw cashews* scant ¼ cup large-flake nutritional yeast 1 ½ tsp kosher salt 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp ground turmeric dash of freshly […]
- 1 3/4 cup thawed frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (use the stems too!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (or 2 limes)
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Prep all the veggie ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the veggies. Toss gently to coat evenly and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Store in the fridge and serve alone, with chips, or in a pita!
INGREDIENTS 1 3-4 lb pork shoulder 1 cup brown sugar light not packed 1 tablespoon Paprika 1 tablespoon Garlic powder 1 tablespoon Onion powder 1 tablespoon Cayenne 1 teaspoon Chili Powder 1 teaspoon Cumin 1 teaspoon celery salt 1 tablespoon Sea Salt 1 tablespoon Pepper Olive oil Your favorite BBQ sauce INSTRUCTIONS Pat the pork shoulder dry with paper towels. Drizzle with Olive oil, rub with a liberal […]