INGREDIENTS ½ cup red quinoa + 1 cup water 6-8 large leaves regular kale 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt 1 lemon, optional ¾ cup fresh strawberries, sliced ¾ cup fresh blackberries ¾ cup fresh raspberries ½ cup red grapes, halved ⅓ cup dried blueberries ¼ […]
- 1½ pounds flank steak, sliced thin
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- In a large ziplock bag add the sliced flank steak and cornstarch. Toss the beef to coat evenly. Heat a large skillet to high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once heated, add the steak in a single layer and cook on each side for about a minute until the edges just start to brown. Once the steak is cooked, remove and set aside on a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, ginger, and garlic. Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the steak to the sauce and allow the sauce to thicken for a couple of minutes. Toss with the chopped green onions and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
INGREDIENTS 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs* 6-8 slices of bacon 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 teaspoon paprika ½ teaspoon garlic powder salt and pepper ½ cup brown sugar optional garnish: chopped parsley INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine chili powder, paprika, and garlic […]
INGREDIENTS 23 oz (650g) red skin potatoes 3/4 cup (75g) Cheddar cheese, grated 2 spring onions, chopped 1 tsp (5g) salt 1/2 tsp (1g) black ground pepper olive oil to drizzle on top INSTRUCTIONS Scrub well the potatoes and boil with their skin on until tender. Remove from water and […]
- 8 oz (225g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- Freshly chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Toss shrimp with melted butter in a bowl until well-coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet in a single layer, searing for a minute or until it starts to become pink around the edges, then flip and cook until shrimp are cooked through, less than a minute.
- Transfer shrimp to a shallow plate and allow to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add all other ingredients (avocado, tomato, red onion, and cilantro) to a large mixing bowl. drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and toss to mix everything together.
- Add shrimp and give a quick stir to mix together. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 4 Slices Keto Bread (or rolls) crumbled 3 tbsp Butter melted 2 stalks Celery chopped 1/4 cup Leeks chopped 1/2 tsp Garlic minced 1 tsp Italian Blend Seasoning dried 1/4 tsp Sage 1/2 tsp each Salt & Pepper Olive Oil 1/2 tsp Celery Seasoning optional 1/2 Cup Chicken broth INSTRUCTIONS Crumble the keto bread, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Saute chopped veggies in […]
Brown Sugar Banana Filling:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 3 ripe-firm bananas peeled and sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk preferably whole or 2%
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- One 15 oz loaf French bread cut into large cubes (preferably a day or two old)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- To serve: maple syrup, caramel sauce, sliced bananas, chopped nuts, and/or whipped cream
Brown Sugar Banana Filling:
- In a skillet set over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth. If there are lumps in your sugar you might need to use a whisk. Once the mixture is smooth, remove from the heat and carefully stir in the bananas. Set aside and cool to room temperature while you prepare the French toast.
French Toast Preparation (Allow Time To Soak Overnight):
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, half and half, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Grease a 2 1/2 or 3 quart casserole dish and place half the bread cubes in the bottom. Spoon half of the banana-brown sugar mixture over the bread. Top with the remaining bread cubes.
- Pour the custard (egg mixture) evenly over the bread cubes. Lightly press down on the top of the bread to allow the top layer of bread to absorb some of the custard mixture. Spoon the remaining banana-brown sugar mixture over the top of the French toast. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Prepare the topping.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter, and using a spoon, work the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is evenly distributed and the mixture resembles wet, clumpy sand. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake the French toast.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove the French toast from the refrigerator (the bread will have absorbed most of the custard). Crumble the topping over the top of the French toast. Bake uncovered for 40-55 minutes, until puffed, golden brown, and set (check that the center is not too wet). Baking time will depend on how deep your casserole dish is and whether you prefer your French toast more well done. Serve immediately with syrup, caramel sauce, whipped cream and/or chopped nuts. Leftovers can be refrigerated.
INGREDIENTS Whipped cream 1 cup heavy cream 240 ml 1/4 cup powdered sugar 32 g 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 3 ml Daiquiri 3 cups strawberries–halved 600 g 3 cups ice cubes 5 oz clear rum 150 ml 3 oz simple syrup 90 ml 2 oz peach schnapps 60 ml INSTRUCTIONS Whipped cream In medium sized bowl, with hand-mixer, whip together heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until […]