INGREDIENTS 1 green onion, sliced 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise 2 teaspoons capers 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped 8 Bibb lettuce leaves INSTRUCTIONS […]
INGREDIENTS Crust 1 3/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 15 full crackers) 1/3 cup butter, melted 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt Cheesecake 4 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese, room temperature 1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature 2 teaspoons […]
- 2 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extractFilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and milk. Once the butter is completely melted take off the burner and add the water and vanilla. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Whisk together the eggs and add to the batter. Keep mixing. Add 3/4 cup of flour and mix well. The mixture will be very sticky which means it’s perfect. Place the dough in a medium greased bowl. Cover with wrap and let it sit in a warm place to rise for about 30-45 minutes. Once the dough has doubled its size, knead in 2 tablespoons of flour. Cover the dough again for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start on the filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out on a floured surface. Brush the melted butter on the dough and add the sugar mixture. Make sure everything is covered. Using a shape knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into equal sized strips (about 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide). Then cut the strips into equal sized squares. Stack the squares on top of each other to make 3 to 4 piles and place them in a bread pan. Take any sugar that fell off squares and sprinkle over the top and around the sides of dough. Cover the dough for another 10-15 minutes to rise.
- While dough is rising, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place a cookie sheet under bread pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until outside of bread is golden brown.
INGREDIENTS 1 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple chunks 1 cup strawberries cut in half 1/2 cup of raspberries 1/2 cup water or freshly squeezed orange juice Honey optional, if you find that your strawberries are not quite sweet enough INSTRUCTIONS Blend all ingredients until smooth! Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta ½ white or yellow onion, diced 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon minced garlic 6 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth) 3 cups water 1½ tablespoons Italian seasoning 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained 1 can cannellini beans, drained and […]
- 1 pound lean ground sausage
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 8 ounces broken lasagna noodles or short noodles, boiled til tender
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese, plus more for serving
- handful of fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
Add ground sausage to a skillet, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and saute over medium-high heat for about five minutes until browned. Transfer to slow cooker along with pasta, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining Italian seasoning.
Cover and cook for 2 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low. About 30 minutes before serving, stir in ricotta cheese, re-cover and allow to cook for a half hour longer.
Just before serving, stir in basil. Serve topped with parmesan cheese and additional ricotta cheese and basil if desired.
INGREDIENTS 1 pound lean ground beef 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon McCormick Smokehouse Black Pepper 4 whole wheat hamburger buns 1/4 cup reduced fat mayo 1 avocado, thinly sliced 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced 1/2 cup sprouts 1/2 cucumber, sliced 8 slices bacon, cooked til near-crispy 1/4 cup prepared ranch dressing INSTRUCTIONS Combine ground beef, salt, garlic powder, and smokehouse black pepper […]
INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 to 3 pounds pork tenderloin salt and pepper, to taste 3 tablespoons oil 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon minced garlic 2 tablespoons apple juice 2 medium apples, sliced into wedges INSTRUCTIONS Season pork with salt and pepper on all sides. Drizzle oil into a large skillet and bring to medium […]
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger , finely grated
- 1/2 onion , finely chopped (brown or yellow)
- 400g/14oz can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 cup/ 250 ml chicken broth
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml tomato passata (tomato puree) (Note 1)
- 400 g/14 oz can brown lentils , drained
- 250 g / 8 oz pumpkin (~3 cups) , cut into 2cm / 4/5″ cubes
- 80 g / 2 cups (packed) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews , unsalted (roasted or raw) (Note 2)
- 1/2 tsp each salt + pepper
- 1 tbsp garam masala (Note 3)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (mild or spicy, your choice) (Note 4)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp paprika (sweet, or hot for spice!)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Coriander/cilantro leaves, whole or chopped
- Chopped cashews (optional)
Heat oil in a deep skillet or pot over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes until onion is a bit tinged with gold.
Add Spices and stir for 1 minute – don’t worry if it looks a bit dried out.
Add coconut milk, passata and broth. Stir until incorporated.
Add lentils and pumpkin. Bring to simmer then adjust heat so it’s simmering energetically.
Simmer for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender but not mushy, and sauce has thickened.
Stir through baby spinach until wilted, then cashew nuts.
Add salt and pepper last, adjusting to taste.
Serve over rice, sprinkled with coriander and extra cashews, if using.
INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls (12 rolls total) 1 pound deli roast beef 12 slices Sargento provolone cheese, separated, 1 package 1 and 1/2 cups French fried onions, optional Seasoning 8 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 packet Au Jus seasoning mix, separated 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds 3/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional INSTRUCTIONS Preheat the oven to […]