- 1 Sweet Bread Dough (recipe is posted on the blog, look up Sweet Bread Dough, link is also shared in the blog post)
- 10 ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup raw sugar, granulated sugar, brown sugar divided 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar
InstructionsSweet Bread Dough
- Prepare Sweet Bread dough using my recipe. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes before rolling it out onto a baking sheet. Resting relaxes the dough and it’s easier to roll out.
- Wash peaches ( 10 peaches ), remove the pit and slice them to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add sliced peaches into a bowl, stir in lemon juice (juice of one lemon), raw sugar ( 1/4 cup), corn starch (2tbsp) and cinnamon (1/4tsp).
- In a bowl stir flour (1/3 cup) and sugar (1/3 cup). Add small piece of butter and using your hand work the butter into the dry ingredients. I usually press butter between my fingers working it into dry ingredients. Until mixture resemble cake crumbs. Set aside.
Peach Slab Bread Assembly
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray an line it with a parchment. Place sweet bread dough onto the baking sheet. Roll it out with a small rolling pin. Use yours hand to stretch it out all the way to the edges.
- Layer peaches onto the dough. Sprinkle with additional raw sugar (1/4 cup). Generously dust with prepared streusel.
- Let rise in a draft free, warm place, for 45-60 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Slide the bread out onto the cutting board and let cool completely. Slice into bars and serve.
- Bread can be also frozen, for up to 3 months.