Pistachio and Coconut Crepe Cake
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 450ml heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Zest of 1 orange
- Put the cream cheese, eggs and half of the sweetener into your blender and blend until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto a crepe maker or a hot pan greased with butter. Cook for 2 minutes until golden brown; flip over and cook for another minute. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- While the crepes cool, add cream, vanilla and the remaining sweetener into a mixing bowl or stand mixer and whip into stiff peaks.
- Place the first crepe onto a plate or cake stand. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on top and sprinkle a little coconut and pistachio. Add another crepe and another layer of whipped cream. Repeat until you’ve run out of crepes.
- When finished layering the cake, cover the top and sides with a thin layer of cream.
- With your hands, coat the sides of the cake with toasted coconut.
- Pipe rosettes of whipped cream on the top, or use a spatula to smooth out the cream.
- Garnish with the remaining pistachios and orange zest.