- 8 ounces good quality goat cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons scallions or green onions, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Freshly cracked pepper and salt, to taste
- Harvest Stone Crackers, for serving
Allow the goat cheese and cream cheese to come to room temperature (soften the cream cheese in the microwave for just a little if needed) and then place in a bowl attached to a stand mixer.
Beat the two until just combined.
Add in the finely chopped dried apricots, finely chopped scallions or green onions, and chopped fresh thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste (remembering the nuts are also salted).
Beat until the ingredients are combined and then scoop the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap.
Using the wrap, knead the mixture together and form a long log or cheese ball. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or until firm. (I like to chill it overnight to allow the flavors to really meld!)
Coarsely chop the shelled pistachios on a cutting board and then unwrap the cheese ball or log right on top of the chopped nuts. Roll the ball around and use your hands to gently attach the pistachios to the ball or log until it is completely coated in nuts.