- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup pumpkin beer
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Divide eggs between two bowls, adding the egg yolks to the dry mixture and the egg whites to a clean bowl. Finish adding milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and beer to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes. Fold egg whites into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture by 1/3 – 1/2 cup fulls onto hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove from waffle iron and serve immediately with favorite topping.