PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
5 tbsp (75ml) milk, room temperature
1 cup (108g) light brown sugar, unpacked
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (179g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (233g) canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cup (129g | 4.5oz) chocolate chips
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 oz (226g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup (57g) butter, room temperature
4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Add butter, oil and milk to a large mixer bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ full.
- Bake cupcakes for 21-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.