Pumpkin Spice Whoopee Pies
For The Cake:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Sukrin Melis sweetener
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
For The Filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Sukrin Melis (powdered sweetener)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease whoopee pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add melted butter and water and mix again.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop and fill each cavity with 1 scoop of batter. 1 scoop is approximately 2 tablespoons. Smooth the batter down into an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until lightly brown and set.
- Repeat step 5 with remaining batter. You should get a total of 24 cakes.
- Let cakes cool completely.
- To make the filling, while the heavy cream on high speed until it begins to stiffen. Slowly add powdered sweetener to whipped cream and whip until firm.
- In separate bowl, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese to whipped cream and use to mixer to whisk for 30 seconds just until combined.
- Use piping bag or ziplock bag to pipe filling on top of 12 of the cakes. Top each cake with remaining cake to complete the whoopee pie.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.