- 300g rice noodles, cooked as per package instructions
- 50ml sesame oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 250g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and julienned
- ½ small cucumber, diced
- 1tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- soy sauce, to taste
- Combine the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and oyster sauce in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and set to one side. Heat the sesame oil in a wok over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the onion and peppers for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the chilli and prawns to the wok and continue to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the prawns turn pink and tender. Add the prepared sauce and toss well.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cucumber and coriander. Adjust the seasoning with soy sauce if necessary. Arrange the noodles in serving bowls and spoon the prawn stir-fry on top. Serve immediately.