- 1.5 pounds baby OR Creamer potatoes, washed and left whole
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, halved and sliced 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white OR red wine (can omit and use more broth)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped (about 30 grams or 1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place mushrooms, potatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, and thyme into a large mixing bowl. Toss until evenly coated. Pour into a large cast iron skillet and spread out evenly. Roast for 15 minutes. Toss and cook for another 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from oven and place pan over medium heat.
- Pour in wine and cook until dissipated, about 2-3 minutes. Pour in broth and cream. Sprinkle with half the chives. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with remaining chives and serve!
- Note: If you do not have a cast iron pan, just cook the mixture in an oven safe pan or baking sheet and then transfer to a stove-top frying or saute pan to finish the recipe off!