- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small delicata, thinly sliced and seeded
- 1 recipe pizza dough or store bought pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coarse cornmeal
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup crumbled and browned spicy Italian sausage
- 6 ounces (part-skim) mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Place delicate and oil in a large mixing bowl and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and soft but still holding their shape. Remove from oven and allow squash to cool.
4. Raise the oven temperature to 450˚F.
5. On a clean surface roll dough into a 14” circle, about 1/8” thick. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a baking sheet and top with dough.
6. Spread marinara sauce over the dough followed by 1/2 the cheese. Top with the delicata, sausage, onions, and remaining cheese.
7. Bake pizza for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust has browned and cheese is bubbling.
8. Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool for about 7 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with crushed pepper flakes, cut and serve.