- 23 oz (650g) red skin potatoes
- 3/4 cup (75g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) black ground pepper
- olive oil to drizzle on top
- Scrub well the potatoes and boil with their skin on until tender. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 230C (450F). Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- When potatoes are chilled, peel and grate using the big holes grater. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add cheese, onion salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Scoop up about 1 tbsp of the potato mixture into your hands and form into cylinders about 1 inch long. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the tots are made.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of tater tots. Bake for 15 minutes, flip them over and bake another 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.