- 1 pound maple flavored bacon
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce(rinsed, dried, and chopped)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cups frozen green peas (thawed)
- 6 large hardboiled eggs
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until evenly brown and crisp. Allow the bacon to drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and Parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to top the salad.
- In a large 4 quart glass bowl, layer the chopped lettuce*, tomatoes, peas, eggs, cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad, covering as much of the top as possible.
- Sprinkle the top with bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.