SHEET PAN BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN DINNER WITH POTATOES AND ASPARAGUS
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, cut in half (or quarters if large)
- 3/4 lb. asparagus, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF. Drizzle or spray a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on one side of the baking sheet, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with a total of 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- On the other side of the baking sheet, add the potatoes and toss with olive oil, vinegar, parmesan, remaining garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Pop the tray in the oven for 16-23 minutes or until the chicken is almost firm to the touch, mine was done in exactly 20 minutes. Prepare the bruschetta topping which the chicken roasts. During the last 5 minutes of roasting, move the potatoes over and add the asparagus, sprinkle a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, and continue roasting.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, turn the broiler on, add a slice of mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast and place the baking sheet back in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the mozz becomes all bubbly. Keep an eye on it though, you don’t want to walk away.
- Serve immediately topped with the bruschetta topping.
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl along with a pinch of salt and black pepper.