SHEET PAN MAPLE PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN & ROASTED VEGETABLES
SHEET PAN MAPLE PECAN CRUSTED
CHICKEN & ROASTED VEGETABLES
- Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup pecans, divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
FOR THE VEGGIES:
- 3 cups (about 12 ounces) peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 8 ounces brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 fuji apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 3 shallot bulbs, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- PAM Spray Pump Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Chopped parsley, to top
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet heavily with nonstick spray.
- Pulse 1/2 cup of pecan halves in a food processor until crumbs form. Add in remaining pecans, panko, maple syrup, sage, salt, and cayenne. Transfer to a wide bowl.
- In another wide bowl, beat the egg with the mustard, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar. When well combined, dip the chicken breasts, one at a time, in the egg mixture, and then in the pecan mixture, packing the crumbs on the chicken to coat fully. Place the coated chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Scatter the squash, brussels sprouts, apples, and shallots around the chicken to fill the baking sheet, piling up slightly if necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, and then spray lightly with cooking spray. Spray the top of the chicken generously to help the crust to crisp and brown.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
- In the final 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle 1/4 cup of pecans over the vegetables and top the chicken breasts each with 1 sage leaf.
- Serve immediately. Top with chopped parsley, if desired.