- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional or to taste
For the Fajitas:
- 12 ounces flank steak sliced into 1/4″ strips across the grain
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- juice from 2 limes divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium bell peppers thinly sliced (I used red, yellow, orange and green)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
- your favorite homemade paleo / Whole30 or store-bought compliant tortillas
FOR LOW CARB: low carb tortillas or cauliflower rice, for servingFOR MEAL PREP: Lunch containersInstructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet (mine was 18 x 13 – use two if necessary). For easier cleanup, you can also line with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine the ingredients for the seasonings in small bowl or bag and mix.
- In a large zip-top bag, add the steak and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, juice from 1 lime, Worcestershire sauce and chopped cilantro. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the fajita seasonings. Toss to coat well. (If time permits, allow to marinate at least 30 minutes or covered in the fridge for up to 3 hours for maximum flavor).
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer on prepared sheet pan. Try not to overlap too much and keep everything in a single layer. (Use two sheet pans if necessary). Drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and season with remaining one third (1/3) of the seasonings. Toss to coat well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes (depending on how done you like your vegetables) or until peppers are tender. (If steak was marinating in the fridge, remove and allow to sit at room temperature while the vegetables are cooking).
- Remove sheet pan from oven, flip and push the vegetables to the sides of the pan. Add steak strips in a single layer to the center of the pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Broil on high for 3 minutes or until desired doneness (flip as needed).
- Serve with your favorite homemade or store-bought paleo / low carb / Whole30 tortillas with sliced avocado and your favorite toppings.
- To bake tortillas: wrap in aluminum foil and add to the top rack of the oven while the chicken is baking for about 5 minutes.