- 8 ounces linguine (or other pasta) (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing, add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute before transferring to a large bowl.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan, deglaze it, simmer for a minute and remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley and lemon zest before tossing with the shrimp and pasta.
Note: The cook time for the shrimp will vary depending on the size of your shrimp. When the shrimp just turns from ‘translucent’ to opaque/white (look at the thickest part of side where it was deviened) it is done and you want to flip the shrimp and then just a little before the white gets to the centre from the other side remove it from the pan; the residual heat will finish the job.
Option:Serve topped with parmesan.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 391, Fat 11g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 158mg, Sodium 648mg, Carbs 45g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 23g