- 1/2 cup corn, frozen, fresh, or canned
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 tostadas
- 1 15 ounce can Old El Paso black refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese
For the Salsa: Add the corn, tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice to a small bowl. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge until serving.
In a medium bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread a thin layer of black beans on each tostada and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
While tostadas are baking, cook shrimp in a large skillet for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
To assemble, top warm tostadas with warm shrimp and top with salsa. Eat immediately.