SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CORN
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 small red, gold, or brown potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (red potatoes are my favorite)
- 1 8-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 small-medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups heavy cream (may sub half & half for a lighter version)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-6 strips bacon, diced and cooked til crispy
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley
- Combine chicken, chicken broth, potatoes, green chiles, onion, and corn in slow cooker. Stir to combine, then cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Uncover slow cooker and use two forks to shred chicken.
- Stir in heavy cream, garlic powder, bacon, salt and pepper to taste, and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and cracked black pepper and serve hot.