- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce – see note*)
- ⅓ cup water
- 16 taco or fajita sized four tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded cheese (monterey or colby jack cheese, cheddar, or mozzarella, use your favorite)
- optional: cilantro, jalapeños, ranch or southwest ranch for dipping
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken, cream cheese, garlic, adobo sauce, and water. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- minutes before serving, shred chicken with two forks and mix all ingredients in the slow cooker so they are well combined. Preheat oven to 400 and grease a large baking sheet.
- Lay tortillas out on a flat surface. Divide shredded cheese between all of the tortillas. Add shredded chicken mixture to each tortilla (it’s okay if there is still some saucy stuff left in the slow cooker, just discard it or pour it over tortillas immediately before serving).
- Roll up each tortilla tightly and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes until tortillas are lightly browned around the ends and cheese is melty. Serve with ranch or other sauce for dipping if desired. Enjoy!