Slow Cooker Honey-Garlic BBQ Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pork tenderloins (approx. 2 lbs – 1kg)
- 1 ½ cups honey
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup all-natural ketchup
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Sliced parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the sauce in a medium saucepan. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and reduced by about a third.
2. Season pork tenderloins with kosher salt ad fresh cracked pepper, then arrange in the slow cooker so that they are not overlapping.
3. Pour the sauce over the pork and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until pork is fully cooked and fork tender.
4. Use two forks to shred the pork into smaller pieces and place in a large dish. Serve your slow cooker pork tenderloin and honey-garlic bbq sauce topped with sliced parsley. Enjoy on sandwiches, baked potatoes, wraps, or simply by itself! ♡
Note: If you’re lazy (ok, just like me sometimes), go for ready-made honey-garlic BBQ sauce from the store. It will also nicely do it.