- 3.5 kg (7.7 lb) hickory smoked ham shank portion
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb apples, diced (I used three golden delicious apples)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-5 large sage leaves
- Black Pepper
- Place ham into 6-quart slow cooker, trimming if necessary.
- Combine honey, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, and black pepper. Pour over ham evenly. Top with sage leaves.
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours. Add in apples and continue cooking for 4-6 hours, or until ham is cooked through (145F.)
- Allow to rest, slice, and serve!
- Pour all contents (except ham) from slow cooker into a large frying/saute pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until slightly reduce. Toss sage leaves.
- Transfer to blender and add some water. Puree until smooth, adding more water if necessary to get the consistency you desire! It will thicken up in the fridge overnight as there is fat in ham (so you may have to water it down a bit more when reheating.)
- Serve over ham!