- 2 lbs carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest (optional)
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Add carrots and onions to a 6-quart slow cooker. Combine butter, thyme, zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour over carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high heat for 3 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Near the end of cook time, stir in 1 to 2 tsps of sugar depending on tartness of lemon juice.
- Garnish with additional thyme if desired and serve!