Sparkling Cider Pound Cake with Sparkling Cider Glaze
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup Sparkling Cider, I love Martinelli’s brand
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Spakling Cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time along with the butter extract.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, baking powder, and flour and stir to evenly combine. Add alternately with ½ cup sparkling cider to the wet ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sparkling cider and powdered sugar until smooth consistency is reached. Poor over cooled pound cake.