- 1 lb. lean ground chicken (I use 90% lean)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed well of excess moisture (should be about 1/2 cup after squeezed out)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional; see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil or coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients (except oil) and stir until just combined. The mixture will be wet.
- Form into small patties, about 1 1/2 inches wide, and place on a plate. It should be about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each patty.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add patties, working in batches if necessary, and cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, then flip and finish cooking, another 4-5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add extra oil or turn down heat if they are cooking too quickly or if you are doing more than 1 batch.
- Serve and enjoy!