Skip to Content
- 1onion, minced
- 2teaspoons minced garlic
- 2tablespoons oil
- 1(15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1(3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1(8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1(3 ounce) packagegrated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 1(10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and drained
- 9manicotti, cooked, drained on wax paper
- 1(26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- .In a skillet, saute onion and garlicin oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, cream cheese, half the mozzarella, half the parmesan, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and beat until well mixed.
- Drain spinach with several paper towels and squeeze until spinach is well drained.
- Add spinach and onion to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into manicotti shells, using 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Be careful not to tear shells.
- Pour half of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange shells over the sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven , uncover and sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
- Return to oven until cheese melts