- 1 pound of baby spinach
- ½ pound strawberries, washed, hulled, and diced
- 1 (10 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ pound cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ pound button mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced (optional)
- ½ cup candied pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients and toss well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss.