- 1½ pounds flank steak, sliced thin
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- In a large ziplock bag add the sliced flank steak and cornstarch. Toss the beef to coat evenly. Heat a large skillet to high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once heated, add the steak in a single layer and cook on each side for about a minute until the edges just start to brown. Once the steak is cooked, remove and set aside on a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, ginger, and garlic. Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the steak to the sauce and allow the sauce to thicken for a couple of minutes. Toss with the chopped green onions and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.