SWEET POTATO SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup non-dairy milk of your choice (almond, coconut, etc.)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, combine sweet potatoes with 2 TB olive oil, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper; toss to coat well. Bake in a single, even layer for 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 TB olive oil on a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and stir 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add peppers and stir 1 more minute. Transfer mixture to prepared 9×13 baking dish.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat, cook and break apart sausage with spatula until cooked through. Drain and add to baking dish with veggie mixture. Add roasted sweet potatoes, chopped kale, 1 tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper to the mixture in baking dish. Gently toss to combine all ingredients well.
- In a bowl, gently whisk together the eggs and ½ cup of non-dairy milk until well combined. Pour evenly over the sausage/potato mixture in baking dish. Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes or just until eggs are set in center.