- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (I used Gourmet Garden for both pastes)
- 1 serrano chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- cherry tomatoes (halved), cilantro, and hot sauce for garnish
- Heat chicken stock, cilantro, lemongrass, lime juice, salt, serrano, and ginger in a 6 quart dutch oven or large stock pot over medium high heat. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, cooking for 15 minutes
- Add mushrooms and chicken, stirring to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes until chicken is fully heated.
- Stir in coconut milk and brown sugar, stirring until everything is fully combined and smooth.
- Simmer until ready to serve, topping with cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and hot sauce (optional)