THAI GREEN CURRY CHICKEN SOUP
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups snow peas, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken, garlic and onion to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in green curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas, green onions, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with rice noodles.