Tomato Eggplant Zucchini Bake with Garlic and Parmesan
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small/medium eggplant (about 3/4 pound—see notes if your eggplant is large)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep 9×9-inch baking dish or similar 3 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Quarter the zucchini then cut into 1/2-inch slices and place in a large mixing bowl (each piece of zucchini should be roughly 1/2 to 3/4 inches in size). Next, slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch rounds, then stack the rounds and cut into roughly 3/4-inch pieces. Add to the bowl with the zucchini. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Drizzle the cut vegetables with the olive oil, then add the garlic, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and half of the basil and parsley. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, cover the pan with aluminum foil, then continue baking for 10 to 20 additional minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley. Serve warm.