Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage + Kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound chicken sausage, about 2 links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup Barilla Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown for 2 minutes on each side, cover and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from pan, slice into rounds and set aside.
- Add additional tbsp of olive oil. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes; add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth and pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add sausage and kale, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.