Vegan Chocolate Cake
For the Flourless Version (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato can sub for pumpkin or banana
- 1 flax egg can sub for whole eggs if NOT vegan
- 1 cup milk of choice * see notes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
For the Keto, Paleo, Low Carb option
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used a monk fruit sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
For the chocolate frosting (Optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celcius. Line and grease an 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all your ingredients and blend until a thick batter remains. Ensure you regularly scrape down the sides to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out the center. Allow cooling in the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, make your frosting and refrigerate to firm up slightly. Once smooth and spreadable, pour over your cake and refrigerate. Cut into slices.